We don’t know if it’s true that a bad workman always blames his tools, but a professional decorator never does because they know that stocking up on decorating supplies from reputable dealers is essential. This month we’re going to share our definitive list of suppliers, so you can be sure that your gear isn’t going to let you down!
Decorating supplies online
We used to be limited to local suppliers, but with so many merchants moving the bulk of their business online, it’s now possible to order exactly what we need from a host of great companies with huge stock levels and fantastic customer service. These are three of our favourites:
- Trade1st – when it comes to quality products at extraordinary prices, there’s no website that comes close to Trade1st.co.uk. They work on a small mark up/high turnover model to give you the best price possible, and stock everything they show on their website, so you can be sure that they’ll have what you order.
- My Paintbrush – this award-winning trader of decorating supplies has been providing pros and keen DIYers with top-quality gear since 2012. They have a proud record of excellence and work to freshen up the industry by bringing new products to the UK on a regular basis.
- Decorating Direct – since opening for business in 2000, Decorating Direct Ltd has been one of the most reliable and well-priced vendors around. They carry a huge range of stock, have a friendly and reliable staff, and offer free delivery on orders over £45.
High street suppliers
Of course, there are some high street suppliers that you can rely on for your gear if you’re in a hurry. These are our favourites for all budgets:
- B&Q – what can we say about B&Q that you don’t already know? They’ve got us out of a fix on more than one occasion, and we thoroughly recommend them if you need something quickly. They don’t have the same stock levels as some of the big online stores, so always ring ahead if you’re in a rush or don’t fancy a wasted trip.
- Screwfix – the first stop for professionals from all trades, Screwfix is also a great place to pick up decorating suppliers for the DIYer. It works the same as Argos – you look through the catalogue, fill in a slip and pay at the counter, where the staff are always helpful and knowledgeable.
- Wilko – if you’re on a tight budget, Wilko has a great selection of wallpaper, paint and supplies, including their own brand that is actually pretty good!
Finding quality decorating supplies is a key step to a well planned DIY job, and we think that this list will get you up and running in no time at all. If, however, you’re not sure how to proceed, you can give us a call for some friendly advice or a quote to have your job done by the pros.